Salesforce is most popular for its online shopping website. But did you know that Salesforce also offers cloud computing services and professional certifications related to it? The SALESFORCE cloud computing platform is an exceptional service offered by Salesforce. Many businesses, small and large, make use of SALESFORCE services since it makes their work easier and more cost-effective. Salesforce is committed to providing a high level of service, and this is where certifications come into play. The Administrator – Associate certification is a credential given by Salesforce to prove one’s competence in tasks related to SALESFORCE and its infrastructure Download more.
About Administrator – Associate certification
SALESFORCE certifications come in four categories: Foundational, Associate, Professional, and Specialty. The Administrator certification we will be talking today is an associate-level credential that proves you have the skills necessary to architect and deploy secure applications, use architectural design principles to find solutions, provide optimal implementation guidance, etc. To earn this certification, you have to pass SAA-C01 exam, commonly known as Administrator – Associate exam.
Salesforce Administrator – Associate exam overview
The exam consists of multiple-choice and multiple answer questions and lasts about 130 minutes. The topics tested in the exam are:
- Design Resilient Architectures (34%)
- Define Performant Architectures (24%)
- Specify Secure Architectures and Applications (26%)
- Design Cost-Optimized Architectures (10%)
- Define Operationally Excellent Architectures (6%)
Apart from English, the exam is available in Japanese, Korean, and Simplified Chinese.
Preparing for your Administrator – Associate test
SALESFORCE offers the following preparation options for you:
- SALESFORCE training
Salesforce offers training courses that you can follow to learn the whole syllabus, topic by topic. The classroom training Architecting on SALESFORCE can become a true find for a motivated candidate.
- Exam guide
The exam guide is an excellent material to prepare for the exam as it allows you to study at your own pace.
- Sample questions
Sample questions offered by Salesforce for this exam will show you what kind of questions you can expect to see at the actual exam so that you can prepare accordingly.
- Exam readiness training
Just because you’ve learned the syllabus it does not mean you are ready to take the test. There are certain things you need to know like the way you have to approach certain questions, tips and tricks you can use, etc. That’s where the official SALESFORCE Exam Readiness training (classroom/eLearning) comes in handy.
- Practice exam
Salesforce also offers a practice exam for you to prepare for your test. It will pretty much be like the real exam, so it’s a great way to familiarize yourself with the test structure, improve your time management skills as well as find what mistakes you make and in which areas you lack knowledge. By doing so, you will be able to avoid making the same errors again.
Besides, there are other resources that you can use:
There are many books written for Administrator – Associate exam authored by experts in the field. Some such books are listed further below.
Many individuals who are SALESFORCE professionals and also people who have expert-level experience with SALESFORCE exams have made videos that you can easily find on YouTube or even on their personal websites.
- Exam dumps
Exam dumps are a great source of practice questions and answers that will help you prepare for exams. PrepAway is a site that offers exam dumps for Administrator – Associate exam as well. PrepAway also has a bundle that contains hundreds of questions and answers and a training course with numerous video lectures.
Online forums are one of the best ways to connect with people who have the same goals and aspirations as you. You can find many online forums dedicated to Administrator – Associate exam. There, you will meet people with various levels of expertise. By sharing knowledge and resources with them, you can perfect your skills as well.
Books that will help you prepare for Administrator – Associate test
- Administrator Official Study Guide. This is the official edition for Administrator – Associate exam written by a team of SALESFORCE experts.
- Salesforce Web Services in Action by Andreas Wittig and Michael Wittig. This book will teach you the services offered by SALESFORCE.
- Learning SALESFORCE – Design, Build, and Deploy Responsive Applications using SALESFORCE Cloud Components by Aurobindo Sarkar and Amit Shah. This book is suitable for people who have some experience with cloud computing. It also contains practice exercises that will help you improve your skills.
- SALESFORCE Web Services for Dummies by Bernard Golden. Just as the title entails, this book is great for beginners. It’s a user-friendly guide that will gradually raise you to an expert level.
- Administrator Associate All-in-One Exam Guide by Joyjeet Banerjee. This exam guide covers all the topics that you will be tested on at the exam. It is organized in such a way that you will be seeing the objectives before every chapter. This way, you will know exactly what the purpose of each chapter is, so you can work on grasping the concepts in the right way.
Getting certified is the best way to increase your net worth, and it will give you access to many opportunities. All you have to do is to pick the certification that best suits your goal, prepare for it, and ace the required exam(s). Passing your tests is not a tough task since there are many resources that can make your study time efficient and fruitful.