Using candy coupons to stock up on your Halloween treats can help you significantly reduce costs this holiday season.
There are so many expenses during this time of year. It starts with back to school spending, then comes Halloween, followed quickly by Thanksgiving and Christmas. These expenses can add up, especially when you add in candy and treats.
If you don’t make an effort to save money at every turn, then you can find yourself in debt as you begin the new year.
Nobody wants to forego Halloween candy altogether. After all, handing out candy to neighborhood children is part of participating in your community. Plus, you might want to snack on some candy yourself.
Costco Halloween Candy Coupons
First of all, remember that you don’t have to look for Halloween candy in the Halloween aisle. Stores often create holiday aisles specifically to encourage impulse buying. Instead, head to the regular candy aisle, and use coupons to save on the cost. Costco is a great place to get candy at a bargain, especially during this time of year when it makes sense to buy candy in bulk.
The October Costco coupon book includes several deals that are perfect for stocking up on candy. For example, you can save $4.50 off of a variety pack of Hershey’s candy bars. There are 30 candy bars in each pack, and you can buy up to four packs with the coupon. If 120 discounted candy bars isn’t enough for you, then you can also use October’s Mars Bar coupon. It gives you $4.70 off of their variety packs, which also have thirty bars each, although you can only buy two packs. You will be the hit of the neighborhood giving out full-sized candy bars this holiday season.
Walgreens Halloween Candy Coupons
Check out the paperless coupons over at Walgreens for additional savings on Halloween candy. These include manufacturer coupons as well as monthly store coupon book deals. Note that some only work when shopping online.
- The first coupon to be sure to clip is $1 off multi-brand jumbo bag candy packs. You can only use this coupon once, but you can choose from Hershey’s, Reese’s or Twizzler Fun or Snack Size candy packs in sizes ranging from 13.9 to 34.3 ounces. Check the specific prices carefully to select the best deal at your local store.
- Next, be sure to redeem online the $2 off coupon for Nestle candy when you buy any three Fun Size or Minis Candy Bags sized 10.5 – 30 ounces. If you’re shopping in the store, you can use the coupon to save $1 off of one Nestle Candy Big Bag, 25 ounces or larger.
- You can also get $1 off when you purchase two bags of M&Ms (8 – 11.4 ounces) or M&M minis (8.9 – 9.7 ounces). Of course, you won’t hand out loose candy like this to neighborhood kids. However, you can keep them at your desk to satisfy your Halloween sweet tooth. You can also pack them in kids’ lunches for a special October treat.
In addition to these coupons, be sure to check out the weekly paper coupons at Walgreens all throughout the month. They’re bound to have more savings on candy.
Amazon Halloween Candy Coupons
Don’t overlook Amazon coupons as a great way to save money on Halloween candy. First, go to Amazon and search for “Halloween candy.” Then filter for Prime deals if you’re a member. Finally, scan the deals for the signature orange arrow that indicates a coupon. Alternatively, visit the Amazon coupon page and sort to find coupons under Prime Pantry and Grocery & Gourmet.
As of the writing of this post, deals included:
- 25% off of individually wrappedAir Heads candy bars bulk packs
- 25% off of a 25-pound case of individually wrapped Air Heads minis; that’s enough candy for everyone!
- $1 off 250-piece bag of Mars chocolate and other variety candy
- $2 off 265-piece bag of assorted Hershey’s candy
- $1 off 83-ounce bag of assorted Skittles, Starbucks and Hubba Bubby fun size candy
Other Halloween Candy Coupons
If you have a favorite store, then there is a good chance they have Halloween candy coupons this month. A few more to check include:
- CVS; assorted deals include buy one get one Dum-Dums and Tootsie Roll Pops
- Rite Aid; discounts on candy plus you get wellness + rewareds BonusCash for the purchases
- Target; varied deals including $5 off when you spend $30 on candy
- Kroger; $3 off Mars Chocolate and Wrigley Monster Candy Bags when you purchase one bag (135-240 pieces)
- Smiths; buy apples and get $1 off Brach’s Milk Maid Caramels to make caramel apples for Halloween
What is your favorite Halloween candy? Are you willing to buy it even if you can’t find a coupon?