Coupons save consumers hundreds of dollars a year. Smart shoppers take the time to look for, cut out, file, and use coupons on a regular basis. You may be surprised how much money you can save in the long run.
Coupons are easy to use when organized efficiently. Coupons should be put into groups such as cereals, fruit, pizzas, paper goods, pet food, baby needs, and anything else that you need frequently. With this strategy, you can easily plan to save money each time you make your grocery list. Simple rules for smart shopping:
- Always check the prices of similar brands. Another brand may be less expensive even with the coupon. Don’t buy the brand-name item just to use the coupon.
- If your retailer doubles the face value of your coupons on a certain day, plan to do your major shopping on that day.
- Always shop with a list and the appropriate coupons based upon what your family uses the most.
- When filing your coupons, put those with the earliest expiration dates in front so you won’t forget about them.
- You can really save if you combine the SALE with the coupons!