There is a new Safeway coupon policy for 2010. Considering how long it took to update the old Safeway coupon policy, we assume that this will also be the 2011 Safeway coupon policy, 2012 Safeway coupon policy and beyond (we'll certainly update any new changes to the Safeway coupon policy as they come about). Safeway updated their coupon policy on 6/7/2010 and made some major changes to it while also clarifying some other aspects of it.
If you had any issues with using coupons at Safeway in the past, it would be good to print this new Safeway coupon policy so that you can show it to the store manager. Make sure that you also have the url for it so they can look it up online as well. You can print it directly from the Safeway website so that it also contains the Safeway logo.
Manufacturer and Store Coupons:
1. Coupons are redeemable only by a customer purchasing the specific brands and product(s) stated on the coupon, with the face value of the coupon deducted from your retail or club card price.
2. Coupons must be for products sold at Safeway and coupons must be presented at the time of the transaction.
3. Coupons are subject to advertised offer limitations and all limitations and restrictions on coupon.
4. Coupons cannot be applied against the free item received in any offer where a customer buys one or more items to get one or more items free.
5. Coupon amount may be reduced so that any combined discounts and coupons do not exceed the value of the item. See number 12 below.
6. Coupons have no cash value.
7. Accepted coupons must be Manufacturer or Safeway store issued coupons.
8. Safeway will accept valid manufacturer coupons that display another retailer's logo or name.
9. Safeway will accept valid Catalina manufacturer coupons that are issued to a customer by another retailer.
10. The coupon must have an expiration date and be presented within valid dates.
11. Coupons are void if they appear distorted or blurry, are altered in any way or copied.
12. The transaction amount may not fall below zero value, or go negative, meaning we will not give the customer money back.
13. All sales taxes are paid by the customer at the full value of the item.
14. All bottle deposits on the purchased and free items are paid by the customer.
15. Safeway reserves the right to refuse any coupons at its discretion.
16. We gladly accept Internet printed coupons. The same manufacturer and store coupon rules above apply to all Internet printed coupons.
17. Internet printed coupons must scan at checkout.
18. Internet printed coupons must have serial numbers and follow an industry-standard format.
19. Manufacturer Internet printed coupons must clearly indicate that they are a manufacturer coupon and have a valid manufacture address on the printed coupon.
20. We will not accept “free product” Internet printed manufacturer coupons.
Load to Card Club Coupons:
21. Internet and digital coupons that have been electronically loaded to a Safeway Club Card are automatically redeemed at the time of purchase after the club card number has been entered. All other coupon policies above apply to electronic coupons that are loaded to a club card.
Doubling of Coupons:
22. Check with your local store regarding ‘double coupon’ advertised promotions where customers will receive double the coupon face value off the regular or club card price up to the advertised limit. Not all locations offer double coupon promotions. Limitations and restrictions for double coupon promotions may change at any time. Changes will be posted in store only.
Coupon Stacking: (Hawaii stores only)
23. Safeway does not allow a customer to redeem two or more manufacturer coupons against the same item in a single transaction.
24. Coupon stacking policies for manufacturer coupons apply to paper and electronic coupons that have been loaded to a club card.
25. If a customer presents two coupons for the same item in a single transaction, Safeway will only accept the first coupon to be applied in the system.
26. Rainchecks expire 90 days from the date issued and are accepted at any Safeway store.
27. We reserve the right to limit Rainchecks quantities based on product availability and advertised limits.
28. Rainchecks can be written for a limit of no more than 3 items unless otherwise stated in the advertisement.
We may change this policy at any time. All coupon redemptions are subject to the policy in effect at time of redemption. Policy changes may not be advertised. The current policy will be posted at the customer service area in each store.
If you have any questions about this new Safeway coupon policy, please leave a comment and we'll do our best to clarify its meaning. Again, we assume that this will be the Safeway coupon policy for 2011 and beyond since it has taken them years to update, so it is definitely worth the time to become familiar with it (and have a copy of it when you go to your Safeway store).
Want to Save Even More?
Join our FREE newsletter and get even more great advice to your inbox.